Monday 10 October 2011

Virgin media sales people.

Now before I start I actually do use Virgin media's services. We have a telephone line and their 30 meg broadband, which on the whole are pretty damned good services.

Now lets get down to business, why in the name of god do companies insist on using sales teams based in Islamabad? The phone rang this afternoon and I answered it (as you do) and here's how the conversation went.

If you have seen Fonejacker picture the internet sales guy from India.

Me: Hello..... Hello?....... HELLO???

Salesman: Good afternoon am I speaking to Mr Pavel?

Me: Errr you mean Mr Powell?

Salesman: That is what I am sayings, Good afternoon Mr Pavel my name is (Insert indistinct phlegmy sounding name here) and I am calling you with some fantastic news!

Me: errrrrrr, OK.... What's the fantastic news?

Salesman: Well Mr Pavel, I am pleased to be tellings you that you are to be rewarded for your loyalty to Wirgin media, We are so happy with your custom that we are willing to offer you a fantastic gift!

Me: Awesome! What do I get?

Salesman: Well Mr Pavel, we are happy to be offerings to you a virgin medias tivo box for just £6.50 per month!

Me: OK cool, Can you help buy me out of my Sky TV contract then please?

Salesman: Oh you are having Sky TV? OK that is fine, we can still install our Wirgin medias tivo box for you so you can enjoy cheaper television! Isn't this great news?

Me: No mate you're not hearing me, we have Sky TV and are in a contract we can't get out of.

Salesman: OK well we can install it in another room for you Mr Pavel, this is to allow you to watch many more channels on another television.

Me: MATE! I have multiroom Sky, I have a sky box attached to both TVs, I don't need Wirgin, I mean VIRGIN TV!,

Salesman: well are you planning on buying another television in the coming days?

Me: No, I have all the televisions I need.

Salesman: Are you certain sir?

Me: Yes I am certain, now I've got to go out so thanks for your call but I don't need any services.

Salesman: But what we could do is................

Me: I AM NOT INTERESTED, DO YOU HEAR ME? I DON'T WANT VIRGIN TV.... I...AM...NOT...INTERESTED!

At this point I slammed the phone down only to pick it up 5 seconds later knowing the prick would still be there waiting for me to agree to an install date.

Me: OH you are still there, I AM NOT FUCKING INTERESTED, NOW PLEASE FUCK OFF!


I know he probably works for 1 rupee a year and has 47 starving children to feed but Jesus bloody wept why won't they just leave you alone when you tell them that you're not interested? There's pressure sales and then there's just this overwhelming, irritating bullshit that pushes you over the edge and gives you a muscle twitch in your finger or eyebrow.

SO please Wirgin media, I am not interested in your free internet broadbandings, your free ringdings or your cheap television that would actually cost me £6.50 a month for absolutely no benefit. Please just leave me the fuck alone.


Much love,

Dave.

No comments:

Post a Comment