Wednesday 25 May 2011

No pain no gain!

Day 2:



I woke up at around 8am, I was hungry, hungrier than I have been for a while so I had breakfast before I'd even properly opened my eyes. Healthy breakfasts suck, I mean really REALLY suck! A nice bowl of cereal I thought, Organic semi-skimmed milk and no sugar on it :(

As I poured the cereal out of its packet I started to become increasingly concerned about its ingredients. It strongly reminded me of the sawdust and rabbit crap I used to scrape out of my pets hutch weekly, and to be honest it didn't smell a great deal better!

Still I threw it down my neck in double quick time, as if I hadn't it was highly likely I'd have cannibalistic thoughts throughout the day and apparently this practice is frowned upon in some countries. Although I could happily see me chewing on Cheryl Cole's thigh if I was really pushed.

By now I was beginning to realise that my legs were stiff and my arse felt like I'd been paid a visit by 'Big Bubba' from cell 29c. I was walking like a cowboy that had been on a cattle drive and in the saddle for 18 hours straight. But still, no pain no gain as they say, and I was actually looking forward to the fresh air provided by my cycle rides. I took a cold shower which alleviated the pain in my thighs (no serious pain, I am just a big wuss) and got dressed in my sexy lbls (Little black lycra shorts).

I took the same route today as I did yesterday fully expecting to be a little slower as my body slowly adjusted to the strain of actual physical exercise. The ride started off briskly and as it was a fairly hot day I slowed up a little to avoid doing myself an injury. I nicked Katie's ipod today, loaded it up with a few albums that keep me entertained and it gave me something to focus on instead of thinking how stupid a 312 pound man looks balanced on a bike.

Upon returning home I was quite surprised to see that my results weren't as bad as I had feared they'd be. Average speed and top speed were down as was the distance travelled although I took pretty much the same route.

I've had thousands of requests from my adoring female fans for a picture of me in my lycra shorts, not being someone to let people down.........




The days results.

Distance: 4.64 miles
Time: 24:53
Average speed: 11.15mph
Top speed: 22.19mph

Tomorrow if I feel up to it I might attempt an extra mile, but more than likely will do a week of this lap to see how much time I can shave off of the original ride.

Thanks for reading,

Speak soon.

Dave :)

No comments:

Post a Comment