Tuesday 24 May 2011

An Introduction.

Hi,

Let's get the introductions out of the way. My name is David Powell, I'm married to my beautiful wife Kelly and we have 2 amazing Children, Katie 6 and Charlie 22 weeks. We live in Ely, Cambridgeshire and have done for around 7 years now.

OK, now the intro is out of the way let's move on to the reason for my blog.

I AM FAT!!!

It's not something I aspired to be or am proud of it's my own doing. I stand at 6' 4" tall and weigh in at a ridiculous 22 stones 4 pounds (312lb's or 141.5Kg's) It doesn't directly impact my way of life, I still go fishing regularly, can walk into town without any issues and play football with my daughter at the park. I do have issues which are not helped by my weight including type 2 diabetes and an irregular heartbeat. Here's a picture of me at close to my heaviest point. Before anyone points out that I make the elephant on the right look skinny I have beaten you to it!



Nothing irks me more than overweight people stating it's not their fault, well I've got news for you.... No one is forcing that doughnut or big mac down your throat, the choice is yours and yours alone. So no blaming society, McDonalds or some undiagnosable illness or a freaky genetic issue.Well it's been pictures such as this that have helped me decide it's time to take action. Although that said I know some people have medications that cause major weight gain.

I have purchased a bike, a really nice one... It's a Claud Butler Urban 200 Hybrid bike. I kitted it out with an extra large drinks bottle that I promise not to fill with beer or milkshakes and a trip computer to monitor my average speed, journey time, top speed and other bits and pieces.

this blog will not be a boring day to day account of how many miles more than you I can or cannot do, or how much faster I am than you, or even whether my diet is better than yours. I aim to make people smile whilst charting my own progress, and I'm counting on people that follow this blog to keep pushing me when my fat arse is struggling to drag itself out of the house.


I am starting today, and next up you'll see how I fared.......

No comments:

Post a Comment